Painting from 1965 shows numerous images seemingly foretelling specific current events
In 1965, my painting below was displayed in the Sixty-eightth Annual Exhibitionby Artists of Chicago and Vicinity, at the Art Institute of Chicago.
I draw your attention to several of the images in the painting, beginning in the top left.
1. There is a white football player kneeling while another football player is standing, looking away from him. Behind him is the partially obscured word “Hero”.
2. In the right upper corner is the face of a back man, with the same expression as the football player. Just to his left, and slightly below his ear level, are several stars…such as can be found on the American flag.
3. To the left of the white football player is a dark, shadowy, figure in a manned drone kind of aircraft, who who is waving, while the aircraft is dropping things that appear to explode around the deathly pale-looking person.
4. Below the white football player is a man in a falsely pious, prayerful posture, surrounded by an elaborate religious vestment, while concealing himself behind sunglasses.
4. To his right is a figure, who is just below the star symbols for the flag, wearing a hat with the letter “A” on it, as in…Alabama. He has his left hand in his trouser pocket and while he’s staring straight ahead, his menacing-looking right hand and forearm are extending to grab, or grope, something unseen.
While reproduced in black and white above, the painting was in full color, as seen here with other works.
We are still in disbelief.”